2014 FALL ADMINISTRATOR LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
October 19-24, 2014
3 Park Home Ave.
North York, ON M2N 6L3
This program is exclusively sponsored by:
Program highlights are listed below. For more information contact Stuart Sweeney, Education Manager.
Registration Now Open!
Application Form - Now Available!
Full Brochure - Now Available!
OANHSS Member (includes accommodations) - $3,140
OANHSS Member (accommodations not required) - $2,349
Non-Member (includes accommodations) - $3,590
Non-Member (accommodations not required) - $2,799
- Six-day training course.
- Five breakfasts, six lunches, two dinners (Sunday and Thursday).
- Extensive course materials and handouts.
- Delegate bag.
- Single accommodation (room and taxes) for five nights at the Novotel Hotel for the nights of Sunday October 19, 2014 - Thursday October 23, 2014 (inclusive). OANHSS will book the accommodations for all participants.(Should you not need accommodations, please select the registration fee without accommodations on the application form.)
What’s NOT Included In the Fee
- Parking charges to attend program.
- Transportation costs to and from course.
- Dinner on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night.
- Incidentals at the hotel (phone-calls etc.).
- Saturday October 18, 2014 accommodations. You must book and pay for this additional night yourself. Please call 416-733-2929 before September 18, 2014. A block of rooms under the name OANHSS is on hold for Saturday night. The room rate is $140 + taxes.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form (note there are two sides to the application form).
- Forward with attention to: Stuart Sweeney, Education Manager by fax to (905) 851-0744 or by mail to 7050 Weston Rd., Suite 700, Woodbridge, ON L4L 8G7. Please note that applications are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
The OANHSS Administrator Leadership Program offers a six-day intensive learning opportunity focused on the core competencies for long term care home administrators. This program meets the requirement for administrators of 100 hours of instruction time in long term care home administration/management under the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007*.
*For full details on administrator requirements under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, see sections 212 (4)(5) and (6) of O. Reg 79/10.
This is a six-day intensive opportunity for you to totally immerse yourself in a program devoted to:
- Enhancing your leadership capabilities.
- Expanding your professional knowledge.
- Teaching new skills and approaches.
- Enhancing your professional relationships with colleagues.
The program content focuses on developing personal excellence in:
- Facility, program and community leadership
- Ethics and values in management
- Information systems management
- Effective communication
- Cognitive disorders
- Internal operations and project management
- Legal and regulatory accountability
- Financial planning and fiscal control
- Care management
- Client-centred care
Who Should Take This Program?
This program is targeted to individuals working in the long term care home sector (non-profit and for-profit) and to staff working in other areas of the long term care continuum, such as community services or supportive housing. It will be of interest to those who are relatively new to or who are aspiring to administrator positions, as well as those who have significant long term care experience.
Consent to use of photographic images:
Registration and attendance in OANHSS educational events constitutes an agreement by the registrant to OANHSS’ use and distribution of the registrants image in photographs.
“An excellent experience, well worth the time and money.”
“I feel this program will be of great value to me in my professional career.”
“Well done. One of the best educational forums I've been to. I've got a list of 70+ individuals ideas to work!”
“Even for an old time in the business for a long time, I have learned more from my fellow students that I can easily take back to the workplace. I enjoyed it thoroughly.”
“The networking at this course is unbelievable! So much was learned in the classroom and through networking.”
“Some things are so simple. I kept thinking, "Why didn't I think of that!" Will try to incorporate some of the ideas into our workplace.”
“This was a fantastic experience with exceptional speakers and sound practical knowledge that can be used in many situations. Thank you for the opportunity.”
“I now feel that I have some solid structural underpinnings to build my management career on.”